Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Router Table Footswitch Control Idea

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:09:22 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Did you actually have a need for a foot operated switch or do you believe
that this would be is a useful feature?
I find that I do a lot of moving around while using my router table and a
foot operated switch would be more problematic for me. I prefer to turn on
the router and be free to move around.

The other day using the router out of the table when it went *BANG*
and started smoking I sure wouldn't have minded a foot switch, as
inconvenient as it might be. For use in the table I think a switch
mounted on the table is best though.

I wouldn't mind a momentary foot switch on the drill press though.
When it rips something out of my hand I'd like to just be able to back
away and have it stop, and you're always going to be standing in the
same spot.

-Leuf