Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Hoping the glue holds

Eigenvector wrote:
I hosed a up a delicate piece of oak I was working on with the
jigsaw. The cut is fine, but as I was making it the slim section I
was working on just fell off - like it'd been cut by an inviisible
blade. Hacked me off, as it was my own fault for not supporting it
well enough. Very VERY clean break, smoother than a baby's bottom
but I'm wondering if I need to do anything with both ends before
glueing it together and praying it will hold.

Are you saying it broke across the length and you want to butt the
ends together? If so, gluing won't work if the joint ever has any
stress. OTOH, if the break is with the grain, glue away. Masking
tape works well for pulling one piece against another and clamping.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...