Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Home Depot - Home Services Experiences

"KLS" wrote in message
On 07 Aug 2007 23:34:54 GMT, Frank wrote:

I am strongly considering doing some major projects with Home Depot: new
roof, replacing exiting windows, and vinyl siding on a 2-story dormer.

Why HD? It's a huge company with absolutey no vested interest in
satisfying individual customers, unlike independent contractors whom
you ought to be able to find by asking your friends, colleagues, and
relatives whom they've hired.

How many times do you have your roof redone or have new windows put in or
redo the entire kitchen? Many a garbage independent contractor survives
many years ripping people off with shoddy workmanship.

One of my best friends was stupid enough to hire Sears to do his roof,
and boy, he realized what an idiotic and expensive move that was after
he experienced repeated leaks (and they didn't even replace the front
porch roof at the exorbitant price they charged him!), so he was very
pleased with the independent roofing contractor I sent over to him,
who repaired the leaks and ripped off and replaced the front porch
roof.

Do yourself a favor and find a good independent contractor to do this
kind of work for you. HD will hire the cheapest contractor they can
find, and they'll pocket the profit while you hope for quality work,
the likelihood of which you'll get being very low.