Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_3_] Frank[_3_] is offline

Default Home Depot - Home Services Experiences

I am strongly considering doing some major projects with Home Depot: new
roof, replacing exiting windows, and vinyl siding on a 2-story dormer.

My initial experience (home visit to provide estimate and timeline) has
been less than encouraging in that they sent out a gentlemen who was short
on details. He left with a list of questions to be answered and has
promised to get an estimate/timeline to me "soon".

I decided to check out Home Depot with the BBB Online which only told me
that they were a BIG organization with a number of compliants, many of
which they have addressed. So I thought a message to this group might be
more insigthful.

Has anyone had HD Home Services install windows? What window did they
install (the sales person was pushing model 6500 and 6100 which I can not
find on the HD website)? Based on your experience, would you use their
installation services again?

Also considering a new roof with Timberline 30 architectural shingles and
some vinyl siding. Apprciate any HD Home Services experiences that you are
willing to share.

TIA
Frank