Posted to rec.woodworking
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Hoping the glue holds

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
news:aU8ui.1910$MT3.1593@trnddc05...

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I hosed a up a delicate piece of oak I was working on with the jigsaw.
The cut is fine, but as I was making it the slim section I was working on
just fell off - like it'd been cut by an inviisible blade. Hacked me off,
as it was my own fault for not supporting it well enough. Very VERY clean
break, smoother than a baby's bottom but I'm wondering if I need to do
anything with both ends before glueing it together and praying it will
hold.

Do I need to allow for expansion in the glue when I attempt to assemble
the pieces or will the glue not add any appreciable dimension to the
joint? Presumably I won't be slathering it on like peanut butter.

You might try a drop of super glue on the ends and yellow glue in between,
the theory that the super glue will hold it until the yellow glue dries. I
would practice on a scrap first.

Got plenty of that - scrap that is. I'll get to it then.