Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Soffit Replacement

wrote:

The soffit I am talking about essentially looks like the whole piece
is a vent, if that makes sense. The overall "opening" as an aggrgate
would far exceed what I have now. I'm wondering if that's a good
idea.

Sure is. You can't have too much soffit venting.

My thought was to possibly attach screening material behind it, much
like you see on vents you buy, so as to avoid small bugs that can fit
through the holes, although I don't know if its necessary.

If you like. The mesh will diminish the area available for venting.