Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Medium format door knobs

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:31:21 -0700, Aaron Fude
wrote:

Hi,

I have a door with stationary glass where the wooden part is just 2
1/4" wide and it is not wide enough for the standard door knobs that
are sold. Where could I look for a door knob (dummy or pass through)
with a smaller backplate - something in the range of 1 3/4"? I have
found nothing on ebay or craigslist or online.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Aaron Fude

There was a place in NYC in the east 50's called "Just Knobs", and
that is all they sold. Even then I didn't find exactly what I wanted
for my big wood desk. If they're still around, they might be online.