Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default #6 or #4 wire in 3/4 inch thinwall?

Table 3B "Maximum Number of Conductors in Trade Sizes of Conduit or
Tubing" in the back of NFPA 70 says 4 conductors (THHN or THWN) are
allowed in 3/4". (I thought only 3 were allowed until I looked it up)

Maybe you looked up TW?

Bob

Tony wrote:
According to ITE retings 3 #6 requier 1" conduit
Tony

Four #6's in a 3/4" conduit is gonna be a tough pull. 8's are *much*
easier to pull (even easier than #10), so use #8 for the ground and maybe
#8 for the neutral if you can. That will leave more room for your #6
wires.

You can only run two #4's in a 3/4" conduit.

Bob