Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT -- Lexmark Optra E312L printer grabs paper

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:59:23 -0500, Ignoramus4185
wrote:

My Lexmark optr E312L lser printer served me well for maybe 4
years. Mostly to print one page documents, 2-3 per day at most.

Lately, it has developed a problem, which is that it grabs several
sheets instead of one, and then sometimes jams if it grabs too
many. Any idea what might be the issue? Could it be that the paper is
wrong?

Did you recently change to a different paper supply? Some
paper likes to stick together.

I have some nice (26 lb bright white) paper that was
originally bought for my inkjet that does exactly that in my
Brother HL-5140 Laser. The cheapo Office Max 20 lb paper
that came with it (demo model) worked fine. So I just single
sheet load this stuff when I want a really nice printout. It
seems to be a static cling type of problem.

I used to service the old dot matrix printers and paper from
different sources made a big difference back then too. If
you still have some paper around that worked good I would
try some tests with it if cleaning up the rollers doesn't
help.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b