Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] celticsoc@aol.com is offline

Default Soffit Replacement

OK, another question.

I have a house which is prone to ice damming. The soffits are wood,
with some soffit vents. I was considering replacing it with vinyl. I
have seen vinyl soffit with tiny holes throughout, like the entire
this is a vent. This appeals to me in that it would keep the roof
well-ventillated, but I don't know if it is a good idea.

I am considering doing this myself, although I have never done it
before.

My questions:

Is the completely vented soffit a good idea?

Can someone provide some links which will give me some direction in
choice of material and installation? I am unable to find exactly what
I am seeking.