Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default First appearances of connector types?

Gary Tait wrote in message
"N Cook" wrote in
:

Anyone know of somewhere that lists the first appearances of such
connectors as
Scart
Mini din
in particular
but preferably other types as well for bookmark purposes.

Guessing:

SCART: Probably the late 1970s/early 1980s when video recorders,
Teletext, and other video deices began showing up on the market.

Mini-din:
Mid 80s, when S-VHS video recorders started showing on the market, or
when IBM came our with the PS/2 system, and used the mini 6 pin din
instead of the larget XT/AT 5 pin din for the keyboard, and later mouse.

For Scart I have only got to earlier than 1984 and mini-din there seems to
be confusion in usage of the term with fine pitch D connectors but mid 80s
seems about right.
Unfortunately the old catalogues I have are for more industrial type than
domestic connectors.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England