Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default seal a water leak

If you have any muriatic acid and zinc metal, you can make your own
tinner's fluid. Just put a small amount (an ounce or so) of muriatic
acid in a jar, put in some zinc and let it work a while. When the
acid won't dissolve any more zinc, you have tinner's fluid. With a
small amount of muriatic, a few heavily-galvanized bits would probably
supply enough zinc -- but remove them when the zinc is gone because
you don't want to make ferric chloride.

KEWL

I thought you weren't a Chem E. I got a bunch of galvanized sheet metal
scrap. I'll chop it up on the shear and soak it in a little muratic.

Karl