Posted to alt.home.repair
Lesley Lesley is offline

Default Sears Craftsman Lawnmower Breaks on Third Use

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a Sears Craftsman 19" Electric Lawnmower (the
type with a cord). On its third use (my son was mowing), the blade
hit a root and tore into the plastic housing, stuck there and stopped.

Is this type of disaster eligible for warranty repair? It seems
pretty poor design if a small irregularity like a root could cause
this kind of damage.

South Carolina mom

I would say yes. I did the same with a sears craftsman gas mower and hit a
big rock head-on and pushed part of the housing into the blade and it locked
up solid. Sears fixed it free of charge. But it was in the shop for a week.
They even washed the unit and cleaned the filter etc..

Lesley