Posted to alt.home.repair
Lesley Lesley is offline

Default Grinding adhesive off of concrete?

"jmagerl" wrote in message
USe a flame spreader on a propane torch to heat the glue (assuming its
mastic) and scrape it off while its soft. Then use the high pressure
washer to remove the remainder. It wont look pretty.

I'm going to use a propane torch tomorrow. And a sharp scraper (I have 2 of
them). When I get it scraped off flat, then I have some very abrasive 4"
sanding discs I will put on my grinder. I think the discs are the coarsest
you can buy. I'm sure I can get it down flat, level and smooth without too
much fuss. I just want to paint it later.

I'll let you all know how I made out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Lesley

"Lesley" wrote in message
I've got a level area of concrete that had carpet glued to it. We
stripped the old carpet off. But what was left was a thick layer of
adhesive that is 1/4" thick in some spots. We had a 5000 PSI pressure
washer in here to do some other work, and we tried to blow the adhesive
off with that, but it was a no-go.

It's there a tool for removing adhesive off of concrete that I could
attach to my angle head grinder? Or has anyone got another idea as to how
to remove this adhesive?

Thanks in advance.

Lesley