Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Dead Microwave

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 01:03:45 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Platebanger" wrote in message
My under cabinet over range microwave died. Nothing is working. I've
check the circute and tested the outlet and cord, All indicate power to
the microwave.

Anything else I can try ? Before either service or buying a new one.

Thanks
Dick

How did you check the cord?

Not recommending this for obvious safety reasons, but I have brought
several
'dead' micros back to life by taking them apart and putting them back
together, cleaning all the contacts and microswitches I come across, and
replacing any popped internal fuses and melted connectors. If if is a
modern
micro with one of those damn touchpads, the brain probably crapped out,
but

If you're going to suggest tearing a microwave oven apart, you should be
kind enough to mention the lethal charge that can linger.

How long can a cap hold a charge? The ones I played with had all been
sitting for weeks, and I never opened the power supplies.

aem sends...