Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT -- Lexmark Optra E312L printer grabs paper

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:59:23 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus4185 quickly quoth:

My Lexmark optr E312L lser printer served me well for maybe 4
years. Mostly to print one page documents, 2-3 per day at most.

Lately, it has developed a problem, which is that it grabs several
sheets instead of one, and then sometimes jams if it grabs too
many. Any idea what might be the issue? Could it be that the paper is
wrong?

Pull the case off (no easy task on most printers) and clean the rubber
parts with alcohol. Avoid the rubbing alcohol with glycerin in it.

Who has experience with the new color laser printers?

I'm looking for a new laser printer and am considering a color laser.
Does anyone have any info for me? Models I'm looking at are the HP
3600n, Oki C5500n and C5800N, and the Samsung CLP600N. I've heard
horror stories about toner problems with the HP 2605.

--
Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything
evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.