Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Grinding adhesive off of concrete?

Lesley wrote:
I've got a level area of concrete that had carpet glued to it. We
stripped the old carpet off. But what was left was a thick layer of
adhesive that is 1/4" thick in some spots. We had a 5000 PSI pressure
washer in here to do some other work, and we tried to blow the
adhesive off with that, but it was a no-go.

It's there a tool for removing adhesive off of concrete that I could
attach to my angle head grinder? Or has anyone got another idea as to
how to remove this adhesive?

I don't think grinding is going to work very well. I once saw a chap try
grinding off the paint on a parking lot so it could be re-striped in a
different orientation. Utter failure. After MANY hours.

See, the paint (in his case) or glue gets below the texture of the concrete.
To get all the clue off, you'll have to get the concrete down to a mirror
finish!

I'd scrape as much as possible. If that wasn't enough, look at a chemical
solution.