Posted to alt.home.repair
Lesley Lesley is offline

Default Grinding adhesive off of concrete?

"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 14:23:26 -0700, "Lesley"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:46:29 -0700, "Lesley"
wrote:

I've got a level area of concrete that had carpet glued to it. We
stripped
the old carpet off. But what was left was a thick layer of adhesive that
is
1/4" thick in some spots. We had a 5000 PSI pressure washer in here to
do
some other work, and we tried to blow the adhesive off with that, but it
was
a no-go.

What do your walls look like now?

Walls? The walls are fine, white and clean after being painted. It's the
concrete floor that now needs the work to remove the adhesive.

Excuse me. It sounded like you brought 5000 PSI sprayer in the living
room and then used it....so I asked.

Many scrapers are available to painters, tile and flooring guys. Get a
sturdy-stand up variety and buy a pack or two of blades to fit.

I should had mentioned the surface is outdoors so I can make all the mess I
want. It's a small area 8ft x 16ft. I may try just using scrapers and some
heat.

Thanks.

Lesley.

Lesley

It's there a tool for removing adhesive off of concrete that I could
attach
to my angle head grinder? Or has anyone got another idea as to how to
remove
this adhesive?

Thanks in advance.

Lesley

--
Oren

Hofstadter's Law - It [a task] always takes longer than you expect, even
when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.