Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default seal a water leak

Hi, Karl.
Do your irrigation problems come in groups of three?

Closer to 30 right now. I've replaced every bearing and snap ring and seal
in the machine. I'm on a first name basis with the parts guy. Only one minor
problem with the well. And nothing wrong with the main lines. (One minor
leak but I might get in over my head on the repair)

Considering its run over 120 hours a week since mid June, not too bad.

Nothing like last year when then traveler tracked sideways, pulled three
apple trees out by the roots before the reel broke loose and dragged far
enough down the row to break the hose to the unit. Then ran 200 gallons of
water per minute at the break till i showed up an hour later. real mess!!!

If I understand you correctly, the hole is a result of the clamp
sliding on the side of the ss pipe. So, there is not really anything
you can put in or on the hole that will not be quickly worn away,

Habit has made me always clamp in the exact same spot, I've got 360 degrees
of possible spots.

Karl