Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
[email protected] jpolaski@rgs.uci.edu is offline

Default Will There Be A Recall For Chinese Tools In The Future?

Seems to me we need to revoke China's most favored trade nation status
which, if I recall correctly, was a kickback from Clinton in exchange
for some campaign contributions. They certainly aren't trading with us
in good faith; between sending us poison pet food, poison toothpaste,
toyes with lead paint, toys made of lead, and yet more toys made with
lead paint - I just don't see that they're someone we should actually be
trading with at all, let alone giving preferential treatment to.

I think that the companies importing the products should be doing
minimal quality assurance. Don't you think that they should have it it
in the contracts that the products must meet at least minimal
standards? Shouldn't someone test to make sure those standards are
met? I mean, if you are paying extra for some brand name, shouldn't
they be doing something for the money?

That, and from a strategic standpoint, we're gonna be in a hell of a
pinch next time we go to war with them; all of the US makers of the
products they're dumping on our markets will be out of business. Try to
buy USA-made plumbing components. If you have a source, let me know,
cause all I can find locally is chinese-made **** with porous castings.

Too true -- China has a lot of power over this country right now. It
might not last forever, but it will make things very hard for the US
until we do better with our own finances and manufacturing.