Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Fixing a toilet pan to a screed floor

The Medway Handyman wrote:
NoSpam wrote:
I just took-out the toilet pan from our downstairs loo and was
surprised to find it was bedded on concrete, it looked like they had
mixed a pile on the screed and just pushed the pan down onto it so
that underneath was completely full. It gave a very secure fixing but
I haven't seen it done before, is it a common way of doing it?

Alas yes on concrete floors, can be a right bugger to remove. I've found
basin upstands the same.

Yup, it withstood a lot of hammer and bolster violence before yielding.

Dave