Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default UPDATE Central air problem

"Nancy Young" wrote

Now I have a lot of water and I can hear ice chunks falling
in the furnace/plenum (?) area. I think ice formed in there and
caused the condensation to back up.

The verdict, water was not draining out of the pipe that
goes to the outside. He blew it out with air, and checked
that it was at the correct angle to drain. A/C is back up and
running.

He did ask if I closed vents, I pointed out which ones. He
checked the pressure, no problems with the coolant level.
Then he looked at the furnace and there was still a lot of water
in there.

All better. Thank you all So much for your help, I was glad
I knew what to expect, what he'd be looking for.

nancy