Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default Ice maker

You need to besure the door gasket meets the fridge. If your door isn't
completely closed, or the gasket isn't completely sealed, you [will] have
ice troubles and defrost problems. [It's supposed to be frost free] but
can't if the air is constantly entering the refrigerator.

You [should] wipe the gasket and matching door surface. The doors need to
line up well.

Zyp

"Stacia" wrote in message
"Kate" writes:
"willshak" wrote

What is the temperature set at in your freezer?

We turned it up so it was warmer back when all this started. I don't
know the exact temp but it's on the 3rd "notch". The dial goes from 1-9,
with 1 being the warmest, so 3 is pretty warm. It used to be on 5.
I forgot to mention that the freezer door apparently doesn't close
properly sometimes, and it's done this since we moved in. Sometimes we
open the freezer and all the food is wet and soggy even though the door
was closed and the seal seems good. I have no idea if that's related or
not.

Another thought is be sure that the vents that blow air in your freezer
are
not blocked by food items.
Give them a little room to breathe so that the air can circulate properly.

I will definitely check that, thanks!

Stacia