Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
J Carroll J Carroll is offline

Default Mine is bigger than yours: Shop A/C notes

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
"J Carroll" wrote in message
. net...
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Oh, I get it:
They proly spec'd it at 68 deg and were then going to inspect it at
68 deg. Then the ultimate usage/temperature part is *their* problem.
Which makes sense. g

The idea, of course, is that you inspect all of the mating parts in
an assembly at a specific temperature.
Differences in coefficients of expansion aside - something that does
have to
be accounted for in many cases - the parts will be at the same
temp. at assembly. I'm sure you have heard of "Standard Temerrature
and Pressure" in
your wanderings G

Hey, PV = nRT'n'****. (T in deg Kelvin)
About the only practical use I ever made out of that goddamm formula
is to figger out that yer tires' psi increase by about 10% at road
speed. On the order of 3-4 psi.
And, I proly got DAT wrong....
Never did get around to actually *checking* it empirically!
Would be interesting to see what the diffs actually are in winter and
summer.

Also, there are all kinds of g-d coefficients of expansion: volume,
linear, cupla others.

Man, if I had to account for g-d expansion in my ****, I'd go into an
epileptic fit.

As opposed to your normal state? How would we be able to tell the
difference?
LOL