Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Mine is bigger than yours: Shop A/C notes

"J Carroll" wrote in message
. net...
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Oh, I get it:
They proly spec'd it at 68 deg and were then going to inspect it at
68 deg. Then the ultimate usage/temperature part is *their* problem.
Which makes sense. g

The idea, of course, is that you inspect all of the mating parts in an
assembly at a specific temperature.
Differences in coefficients of expansion aside - something that does have
be accounted for in many cases - the parts will be at the same temp. at
assembly. I'm sure you have heard of "Standard Temerrature and Pressure"
in
your wanderings G

Hey, PV = nRT'n'****. (T in deg Kelvin)
About the only practical use I ever made out of that goddamm formula is to
figger out that yer tires' psi increase by about 10% at road speed. On the
order of 3-4 psi.
And, I proly got DAT wrong....
Never did get around to actually *checking* it empirically!
Would be interesting to see what the diffs actually are in winter and
summer.

Also, there are all kinds of g-d coefficients of expansion: volume, linear,
cupla others.

Man, if I had to account for g-d expansion in my ****, I'd go into an
epileptic fit.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

--
John R. Carroll

www.machiningsolution.com