Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Statistics for week ending 20070806

Nick Mueller wrote:

Statistics wrote:

Lets see ...

3: Don -- Minneapolis road bridge col: 77 *OT*
13: Bizarre submersible found floatin: 26 *OT*

Off-Topics: 503
On-Topics : 323

= 61% Off topic. Too lazy to look from whom the threads originated. IIRC
Gunner, Iggy and TMT. Nothing new.

Nick

I was going to disagree with #3 until I read the thread. Bad drift. The
replica of the turtle is close enough to on topic for me.

It does have some historical metalworking content:
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_(submarine)"
Not sure that link formated properly so:
http://tinyurl.com/2ckhre

I hope I didn't hurt my rep asking about how to set a compound

That last suggestion was how to setup offset centers wasn't it? Since I
don't have a taper attachment on the lathe I am repairing, I will likely
have to resort to shifting the tailstock or making an adaptor to offset
centers to turn longer than compound length items.

The sine bar between centers has the same problem with being off center line
as using a master part and indicating. If the sine bar between centers
isn't perpendicular to the ways, the same sort of error is introduced.

The darn lip seal I need to make my varidrive work is on 7 week back order.
I have things I want to make and need my lathe.

Wes