Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate Kate is offline

Default Ice maker

"willshak" wrote
What is the temperature set at in your freezer? I had the same problem
with my fridge/freezer and Sears sent out a repairman (under extended
warranty). He defrosted the water line to the ice maker and told us to
raise the freezer temperature a degree or so and try it. He said if it
still freezes up, defrost the line with a hair blower and raise the temp
another degree or so until it no longer freezes. Be also advised that
if the ice is not used for a long time after the bin fills and the ice
maker shuts off, the water in the line may freeze due to its just
sitting in the cold line.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Another thought is be sure that the vents that blow air in your freezer are
not blocked by food items.
Give them a little room to breathe so that the air can circulate properly.

Kate
______
l-L -OlllllllO-