Posted to alt.home.repair
edee_em edee_em is offline

Default Hanging interior doors--where are the carpenters!

Thanks for your input guys. Dan, to answer a couple of your concerns, yes I
have framed a wall and I use a 6' level. No I'm not a master carpenter.
Also, I'm talking about the whole wall being out, not just the jacks.
There's a half inch difference from top to bottom. And, on one wall with a
24" door, the wall left of the door doesn't line up with the wall to the
right of the door! That's just not right.

Your solution, however, speaks to the problem as I see it: why do I have to
hit my walls with a hammer? Why does the guy coming after always have to
fix what the guy before him did? The guys who framed my house are causing
me a lot of grief 22 years later.

Eddie

"DanG" wrote in message
After 50 years of it, yes, I think I am.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"marson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, if you can go into a remodel with a door opening 1/2" out, walls
taped, painted, finish floor in, and fix that with your strings and
block of wood, you are quite the carpenter!