Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate Kate is offline

Default Sears Craftsman Lawnmower Breaks on Third Use

"aemeijers" wrote in message

"Kate" wrote in message

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
ELECTRIC lawn mower!!1 LMMFAO!!!.

steve

Yea...
Me too
*snikker*

Now, now. For some people and some lawns, they make a lot of sense.
Pre-1960s, 40 or 50 foot wide, 100 foot deep urban lots with lots of
plantings barely have any actual lawn, anyway. If lawn is flat, and less
than 1/4 acre, the care and feeding of a gas mower may be overkill. On my
semi-rural lumpy hilly 2/3 acre, where buying a tractor is tempting but not
justified, an electric would die in a month. But if you only have a little
square out front, a stripe down each side of house, and most of backyard is
taken up with alley driveway and seperate garage, it'd probably work fine.

aem sends.....

Out here we're mowing 6-7 acres of just grass, not to mention all of the
bush-hogging we have to do.
We use a 48" Huski rider - wish it was a Zero turn! and a Kubota tractor...
When we had postage stamp lawns, and I DO mean postage stamp.. we still had
a small gas mower.

Kate

--
Kate