Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison Mike Harrison is offline

Default DIY split air conditioner installation - what are the pitfalls?

On 05 Aug 2007 19:06:00 GMT, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Mike Harrison writes:

However there are 'diy install' models around that can be done rather easier - I don't know how they
handle the vacuuming/sealing side of things, or how flexible they are regarding pipework lengths
etc.

Both the inside and outside parts come pre-pressurised.
They use a connector which remains sealed until the two
parts are coupled together. I installed two of them
last year, and they're still working fine.

Does that mean they come with a fixed length of (flexible?) pipe?