Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kphaam81@yahoo.com is offline

Default odor back up in the nail salon

Hi all,
I have just purchased an existing nail & spa salon with 8 pedicure
spas. During the process of transfering ownership, the shop was
inspected by the county inspectors. One of them was a plumbing
inspector. I also had a plumber replaced the toilet flange as he said
it was improperly installed by the guys who did the tile floor.
Everything looked good as the plumbing inspector and the plumber said.
However, the last couple weeks I have been in and out the shop late at
night and been terrified by the sewage odor as I openned the door. It
first came and went away but it 's getting worse and worse every day.
The odor comes not during the day (regardless whether the pedicure
chairs are used or not) but every night. I have had the toilet door
closed a few nights to check if the odor is from there but I could
definitely tell it's not as I came back in the morning. The last
couple nights, just before we left I noticed the smell from the drain
holes of the last 3 pedicure chairs. I had the water run and drained
out for about 10 minutes then the smell went away. Why only 3 spas out
of 8???
I know I can call the same plumber to look at it but I'm trying to
learn to do something myself even though I know nothing about
plumbing. In addition to that, the plumber charged me $300.00 for 15
minute job that I think it's outrageous.
Please help.