Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default My driveway

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
My asphalt driveway has several cracks, one hole,
and a sunken section. How do I correct these
problems DIY?

You mostly don't. Buckets of patch compound and crack filler from the borg
will sort of take care of the cracks and the hole, but they will still be
visible. A section that is outright sunken indicates the site prep was
inadequate, and the dirt and gravel that is (hopefully) under the asphalt
has settled or washed away.

I'd patch what you can before winter, and start saving up for a new
driveway. When they get past a certain point, best to tear out down to
undisturbed soil, and start over. Walk around your neighborhood and look for
driveways that impress you, and ask who they used.

aem sends...