Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair
[email protected] alicamdun@yahoo.com is offline

Default borked window

On Aug 5, 12:42 pm, Mercellus Bohren villainous
company hath been the spoil of me:

I was playing in the backyard this morning with my two dogs and threw
a baseball through my dining room window. (hey, I was great hitter!)
The window is a single-pane old-school piece of crap that is about 5
feet by 3 feet. It's in some aluminum crap-job surround thingy that
supposedly can withstand hurricane force winds.

I have never replaced a window myself before.

Will they laff at me at the local home center?

Any tips for correct tools?

Buy a new window. I just installed two windows, about 5 by 3. You
can buy a cheap, double-pane fiberglass window to replace that one for
under $200 that's probably 10x better than the one that's in there.
Buying a $50 piece of glass doesn't seem cost effective.
Furthermore, putting it in won't be too much easier than installing an
entire window.

-Tom Enright