Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default lead paint testkit

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:39:53 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 05:20:43 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:24:34 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

Does anyone have a lead paint testing kit? I am curious if the tools
and machines we use every day have lead in the paint just like the
toys do. If I can find a kit, I'm going to test my Grizzly mill/drill.
I know it was made in China.

OhMyBuddha! Don't do that, Paul! You could unleash the DEADLY LEAD
PARTICLES. Check with OSHA and the DEQ before you do anything so
totally dangerous and unsafe as that.

(Now I'm gonna throw up.)

The real response: Who freaking CARES if it might have a bit of lead
in the paint? You're not going to feed the entire machine tool to your
grandson, are you? Drop it. It's a moot issue.

Dont tell him there is asbestos GASP! in his brake pads/shoes....you
are gonna make a pedestrian out of him....

And if he ever finds out that there's asbestos in his popcorn ceiling
or that his carpets/drapes/upholstery were all made with formaldehyde,
he's a goner, fer sher.

That's IF he survives Global Warming(kumbaya).

--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over