Steve Smith

Default Thanks for the tip on the HP32 calculator!

Robert Swinney wrote:

Gary sez:
" As John noted, RPN works exactly the way you'd do the calculations with

pencil and paper, so it is a natural and familiar way to work for people

who

are comfortable with doing hand calculation. "

I will have to agree, as I often begin calculating in the middle of a
lengthy expression. Problem is, you have to record the interim results and
some care is required to maintain those results. I can do it, but it is so
much easier to begin at the beginning and enter things sequentially in AE.
Thanks Gary, I didn't realize RPN was a product of the 20s. It would seem
that for really lengthy calculations, RPN would be a labor saver.

Bob Swinney

Bob, I'm sure you can see by now that this has all the trappings of a
religious war. Sort of like arguing about word processing programs used
to be before MS completely took over.

Of course, you AE folks are just plain wrong headed!

Steve Smith