Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
amdx amdx is offline

Default Wifi adapter, Where to attach new antenna?

"Joerg" wrote in message
amdx wrote:

I'd like to install a higher gain antenna to this wifi adapter.
I'm looking for advice on the proper place to attach a 50 ohm
antenna ( or coax ).

Can you make out which chip they used and find the datasheet? Often they
have an LC matching network and the L can be some piece of trace. The
datasheets are usually quite elaborate on how to connect variuous loads.

--
Regards, Joerg

Thanks Jorge,
The chip is covered by a shield and even if the data sheet said put a 1nh
inductor
in series, I'd have to say that's smaller than anything I can plan for.
I'm just hoping to connect a higher gain antenna. The board kind of looks
like
they had thoughts about a coax connection.
Mike