Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default ThinkPad finally shipped...

"Spurious Response" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:35:41 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:
The beast from Redmond is spawning a generation of people who don't know
and don't care how stuff actually works.

Bull****. Every employee of microsoft is college degreed in the field.

What makes you think being college educated and not knowing how things work
are mutually exclusive?

College standards have definitely dropped in the past handful of decades.

I really think part of this is due to the fact that some "esteemed" companies
such as Microsoft and HP require college degrees even for their junior
salesguys, even though realistically they don't need a lot of what that
traditional degree attempts to teach. I guarantee you that I could create a
year-long "technical sales" program that would make perspective technical
salespeople a lot more useful to ME, the customer, than a generic four-year
engineering degree does. (Relatively few electrical engineering
undergraduates spend more than 10 minutes during those four years with a
network analyzer, for instance!)