Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jasen Betts Jasen Betts is offline

Default USB Syntax?

On 2007-07-20, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:36:45 GMT, Tim Hubberstey
wrote:

Since I have a new laptop on the way, and with wireless available just
about everywhere, I've been contemplating VNC to allow me to load a
PSpice sim on my office machine while I'm off-site at a client's
location.

Having never done it, I have lots of questions... number one being,
Can I get through my router and access the four machines tied to it?

if your router supports port forwarding (most do) all you need to do
is forward a different port to each PC's address (whuich means
configuring the PCs to have fixed IP addresses would be a good idea)

some vnc servers have a will serve a java client from a second port
which can be handy if you can't install a full client on the machine
in front of you. (you may want to forward that port too)

Bye.
Jasen