Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jasen Betts Jasen Betts is offline

Default ThinkPad finally shipped...

On 2007-07-27, Jim Thompson wrote:
I just got a notice that my ThinkPad has finally shipped.

I promised my old Sony Vaio to a granddaughter.

What is recommended to scrub it of client files and PSpice?

I wouldn't want proprietary information to fall into the wrong hands
if she lost it.

boot knoppix (or other live linux) and do

cat /dev/urandom /dev/hda

that'll trash the hard disk contents, requiring a full reinstall of
the OS.

for a less robust solution erase the files you want to be rid of,
empty the trash, and make a text file called eraseme.bat as follows,
and run it.

copy /b eraseme.bat+eraseme.bat eraseme.too
copy /b eraseme.too+eraseme.too eraseme.bat

This will fill the space once used by the deleted data with mindless
drivel and leave you with a full hard drive and two files that need
deleting.

Bye.
Jasen