Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default ThinkPad finally shipped...

In message , Jim Thompson
writes
I just got a notice that my ThinkPad has finally shipped.

I promised my old Sony Vaio to a granddaughter.

What is recommended to scrub it of client files and PSpice?

I wouldn't want proprietary information to fall into the wrong hands
if she lost it.

...Jim Thompson

Killdisk (freeware version unless you're *really* paranoid) and then
rebuild it with the restore disks if you have them. That way she doesn't
end up with a laptop that's got a ton of useless (to her!) stuff on the
disk, in the registry, the windows directory and all over the disk
generally and anyone who steals it is unlikely to try to recover stuff
unless they targeted the machine specifically for that purpose, at which
point, if your stuff is that valuable, then you really shouldn't be
putting your granddaughter at risk by giving it to her.
--
Clint Sharp