Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Vladimir Vassilevsky Vladimir Vassilevsky is offline

Default ThinkPad finally shipped...

Jim Thompson wrote:

I just got a notice that my ThinkPad has finally shipped.

I promised my old Sony Vaio to a granddaughter.

What is recommended to scrub it of client files and PSpice?
I wouldn't want proprietary information to fall into the wrong hands
if she lost it.

[...many trivial suggestions skipped...]

.....and in the addition to deleting all relevant files and overwriting
the empty space, you have to clean up MFT(s), system restore records and
wipe out swap file(s).

After all, why do you need all that bother with relocating all of the
stuff to a new computer? I am pretty sure there will be the sw
compatibility issues also.

Why can't you just give her a new ThinkPad so everybody will be happy?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

http://www.abvolt.com