Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default ThinkPad finally shipped...

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:32:56 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:02:30 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

I just got a notice that my ThinkPad has finally shipped.

I promised my old Sony Vaio to a granddaughter.

What is recommended to scrub it of client files and PSpice?

I wouldn't want proprietary information to fall into the wrong hands if
she lost it.

A Linux Live boot disk, assuming it has a CD. You boot Linux live, and
write 0's to all your hard drives, then write 1's to all your hard
drives, then write '0xA' to your hard drives, then write 5's to your
hard drives, then write 0's to your hard drives twice more.

Do you think all that's necessary? I'm guessing that writing anything,
once, to each disk block would make the old data unrecoverable.

John