Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
feebo feebo is offline

Default Cellphone cameras are proving to be unexpectedly useful

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:59:46 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

feebo wrote:

I wonder if this is some satellite thingy

Hello ?

so what is your take then?

Since when were satellites readily visible on a cellphone camera ?

See the video here....
mms://a229.v26674c.c26674.g.vm.akamaistream.net/5/229/26674/46a70995/1a1a1a9b086f9d0162cb37b01d7ee75381e45381f66190066f d338a7d60838689fce38ad1992c2f9/ufo250707.wmv

Graham

I have seen satellites that were very much brighter than any star,
and tho' I had no direct comparison, I would estimate they would rate
with Venus or Jupiter - one memorable instance moved across the sky
very rapidly, gave a very intense flash (~2 secs) as the sun reflected
directly of it at just the right angle and (typically) winked out of
view (no it wasn't a meteor - I *can* tell the difference).

Anyway, it depends on the camera and the brightness of the object(s)

I will experiment with my w800 in low light mode with stars/planets -
if we actually get a cloud-free fscking night (

That vid definately puts the initial reports in a different light...
these must be new definitions of hurtling/shooting/fizzing across the
sky that I had previously been unaware of )

Certainly ain't signing up to the little green man answer just yet.

The lantern thingy.... hmm... I have a buddhist temple quite near me
and at certain times of the year they let off little square "ballons"
with a candle-type thingy burning in them. They are quite odd to see a
few of those go drifting over at dusk. I wonder what these "lanterns"
at the rugby club were. If not designed to float in the air, I doubt
they would. The written report about them moving fast it quite
appocraphal having seen the vid.