Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default ESR Meter - Roll your own

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Send that irritating AFLAC Duck to bug him? As soon as he finishes
eating that damn Geico Gecko, that is. ;-)

I don't even like the Geico Gecko. I found the Dell Dude less irritating.

Anyway, alligator clips do change by several times 0.01 ohm when they move
slightly, so what happens when you clip them together, zero it, then
separate them and clip them to the DUT? Maybe if it was a Fluke it would
come with better clips, but ordinary alligator clips don't seem adaquate.

I have been known to solder some braid between the handle and the wire
crimp of the alligator clip, when consistent resistance mattered.

-Chuck