Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default I wonder if this will work - Inverter.jpg

John Larkin wrote:
I need to make -12 from +12, at maybe 500 mA, and all the obvious
inverting switching regulators suck for one reason or another.

The LM5112 is a 50-cent fet gate driver.

50 cents is a lot of money in electronics ;-)

How about the old CD40106? The BCX70K seems overkill as well but only by
a cent or so. I think you need to throw in another transistor or two
because you may need a current limit, unless a short isn't going to have
nasty consequences.

BTW, I'd probably be a bit squeamish about letting Vbe climb above -3V
on the BCX. But it's under abs max.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com