Bob Eager

Default how to do foundations for extension with snotty neighbour?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:49:59 UTC, (Steve
North) wrote:

So...how do I dig/pour the foundations for the wall for my extension
so that the wall of my extension adjacent to theirs has zero clearance
and yet sits in the middle of the foundations when it is built and
also does not involve going onto their land/property?

I think when I start digging at some point I 'might' hit their
foundations for their extension on my side of the property.

I hope that I have made the situation clear but also feel that I have
not!

So in general, if there is a wall sitting on foundations and you want
a new wall adjacent to it with zero clearance, but it's a neighbours
and you can't interfere with the current neighbours wall or
foundations....how do you build your wall?

Basically, you have the right to do so. See:

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1996/1996040.htm

and (more readably) the explanatory booklet, downloadable:

http://tinyurl.com/ojqn

which is the explnatory booklet.

The Act covers precisely this case.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...