Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default ESR Meter - Roll your own

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:22:21 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

lurk wrote:

Hey speaking about ESR ....I have a Creative Electronics ESR
meter.....and a friend would like to buy one also but it seems like the
company went out of business anybody know about them or their
product... ? or maybe a comparable product ... thanks

The schematic is online. It took all of three seconds to find it:
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/creative/esr

Ghastly!

John

You should see how they work. I can't undersand the fascination with
this old design. It is usless on modern high capacity, low ESR
electrolytics. I ran into the guy that owns the biggest TV shop in the
area a while back, while waiting to renew my truck tag. Since we were
in line over an hour, we started talking electronics. He'd never heard
of the DSE ESR meter, so I offered to stop by and show him mine. He let
one of his techs compare it to their Creative Electronics ESR meter, and
ordered two DSE ESR meter kits before I left their shop.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida