Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Definition of Linearity

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:48:42 +0100, Chris Jones
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I have a specification for an amplifier design that says "0.25%
linearity".

I can't seem to lay my hands on a precise definition of what that
means.

Likewise... How to calculate?

...Jim Thompson

Better ask the customer. (Even if they are not correct in their definition,
it is their definition that you need to know.)
Chris

Customer has no clue... cut and pasted from someone else's data sheet
:-(

Sounds like you are working for my old employer. They had a curve
specified in a document that had survived from WWII (the B29 I think).
Someone discovered that it was drawn, or copied backwards and had been
for years. Nobody cared, as the vendors just built systems that worked
rather than to our specs.

As a joke, someone added a reference in a preliminary copy of our
document to Mil spec MIL-TFD-41C, "Make it like the f*ing drawing, for
once".

--
Paul Hovnanian
This is the government our founding fathers warned us about.