Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jimmie D[_2_] Jimmie D[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning Steel Prior to Painting?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
When I put out the flag today I noticed that the steel wall bracket is
rusting, in spite of this being Arizona, where rust is forbidden ;-)

Do I remember correctly that cleaning steel in a mild acid solution is
the best treatment to remove the rust, then prime and paint?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

By a vinyl holder. Wife picked up 2 for less than $2 ea. Otherwise remove
the rust mechanically, finish up wiht some naval jelly, prime and paint.

Not worth the two bucks to me.
When mine doesnt have a flag in it it holds a support for hanging flower
pots