Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Cleaning Steel Prior to Painting?

Jim Thompson wrote:

When I put out the flag today ...

Good man. We went to a parade today, out in the boonies. Scouts,
farmers, tractors, horses and so on. Then the Weber was fired up.
Country living is good. But after a parade with lots of horses it does
smell a bit ....

... I noticed that the steel wall bracket is
rusting, in spite of this being Arizona, where rust is forbidden ;-)

Do I remember correctly that cleaning steel in a mild acid solution is
the best treatment to remove the rust, then prime and paint?

I'd go with John's advice. Brush off any coarse stuff with a wire brush,
then a fresh coat of your favorite color Rustoleum. Ace has some good
stuff as well. Initially I thought that there is no free lunch when it
comes to rust but my wife convinced me. She regularly spray-paints
rusted lawn chairs and afterwards the paint lasts years. And this is
Cahleefohniah where is does rain and freeze and all that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com